2009/07/12

New musical romance: Marina and the Diamonds

I attended London Calling at Paradiso in the beginning of May together with my girlfriend. In preparation for the event I created a Spotify playlist with the acts: London Calling.

London Calling is a yearly event at Paradiso which feature new up and coming British bands. Of the bands that really stood out were: The Airborne toxic event, Little Boots (which cancelled) and Marina and the Diamonds.

Dananananaykroyd playing on the second day

Marina and the Diamonds have since then gone on to be featured in Dagens Nyheter and Svenska Dagbladet and released music videos.

Though I was sort of disappointed with the Little Boots subsequent record release I am now finding myself listening repeatedly to Marina and the Diamonds. It's well worth checking out!




Marina and the Diamonds - I am not a Robot

No comments: