2007/07/23

Deep Fry Country

Today I almost bought a bike, I even went to look at it, but it was 26 inch and therefore to small. So I'll keep watchin marktplaats.nl for something suitable for tall people.

Johan enjoying his gehaktballen

I and Johan went to IKEA last Friday, after a long walk from Bijlmer to Bullewijk we had "Köttbullar och lingonsylt" i.e. Swedish meatballs with lingonberry jam, or as the dutch say "gehaktballen met vossenbesjam". Taking advantage of the country's lax alcohol laws we drank Spendrups Gold. Drinking beer at IKEA felt quite wierd.

Unfortunately the Dutch like their food fried and subsequently served the dish with french fries instead of just potatoes (I am sure the deep fried Mars bars served at the chippies in UK would have been a hit here, if they arn't already). It was still worth the trek but I couldn't help feeling that some potatoes would have made the dish so much better.

On saturday we went to Club Rascal at Club Eight. I had a massive headache but still managed to play some table tennis before I took I cab home.

No comments: